As one of New England’s premier physician organizations, Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (HMFP) employs 2,200+ talented, dedicated, and renowned physicians, many who are affiliated with Harvard Medical School (HMS), and are international leaders in their clinical specialties. In addition, more than 700 of these physicians, deliver world-class healthcare across an expansive community hospital network through APHMFP and BIDHC Primary Care.
As an employer, HMFP provides an array of comprehensive and innovative benefits, wellness initiatives, and career development opportunities, to support employees and their families at work and home. We offer a range of resources from medical coverage and retirement programs, to childcare and family resources.
Benefits and Wellness
Our comprehensive and innovative benefits program may be accessed by HMFP physicians through Workday, a premier, cloud-based tool that provides direct access to HR, benefit and payroll information. Through Workday, HMFP employees have the ability to manage their personnel needs 24 hours a day by phone, tablet, or computer.
- Behavioral Health and Wellness
- Critical Illness
- Retirement and Disability Programs
- Financial Wellness (retirement education, college resources, student loan support)
- Education Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance Programs
- Liability and Legal Insurance
- Identity Protection Insurance
- Child and Family Resources
- Wellness Programs
- Transportation Resources
- HMFP Discount Site
All-INCLUSIVE WORK CULTURE
- Collaborative environment with colleagues who are committed to clinical, teaching and research excellence
- Expansive programs that bring the best of academic medicine to community affiliations
- Research discoveries that translate to improved patient care outcomes
- Understand, respond to, and plan for the health needs of our communities
A message from HMFP’s Chief HR Officer, Nanette Smith Callihan
Additional Administrative Support
The Communications team keeps our physicians connected to each other, and informed and engaged with organizational leadership. The department provides a series of newsletters, events, website updates, and social media to keep all employees updated and informed.
The Finance team is responsible for accounts payable, monthly financial statements, annual tax filings, mission-based management reports, quarterly productivity reports, collaboration with external billing companies, and the annual budget process.
The Information Technology (IT) team partners with Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH) for IT advocacy, and education to support our dedication to excellence in clinical care, education, and research.
The Compliance team supports training and information to uphold federal, state, and internal policies and procedures.