Advanced Practice Nurse – Anna Jacques Cancer Center
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Cancer, in conjunction with Anna Jaques Hospital Cancer Center, seeks an advanced practice nurse to provide consultation, diagnosis, treatment, and follow up care relative to oncology and hematology patients under the supervision of a board certified oncologist/hematologist. In addition, the advanced practice nurse will be responsible for educating, counseling and providing support for oncology patients and their families throughout their treatment and survivorship plan. The advanced practice nurse works closely with faculty and nursing staff to develop and coordinate a plan of care to meet the needs of the patient and their families. Some off-hour, weekend and on-call duties may be required of this position.
- Performs history, mental health, and physical examinations, formulation of care plans, ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic tests and provides education to patients and their families.
- Prescribes medications according to proper clinical care and standards of practice.
- Acts as an educator and serves as a clinical resource for staff through consultation formal and informal education, review of literature and participation in seminars and conferences.
- Coordinates the care of patients in order to provide safe, effective, efficient and timely patient centered care. Liaises between visiting nurses, clinical staff and consult services. Care plans and execution of those plans should encompass the entire service to tie the service together. Consults with physicians or surgeons regarding the care of patients for more complex diagnosis.
- Documents clinical encounters clearly, precisely and in a timely manner.
- Screens for chemotoxicities and reduces dose when appropriate under the guidance of a board certified oncologist.
- Works in a collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine health needs of patients and families. Demonstrates and role models an interdisciplinary collaborative approach to patient care.
- Takes part in biweekly tumor boards and survivorship program.
- Master’s degree in Nursing required.
- License Nurse Practitioner License req., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 0-1 years’ related work experience required.
- MA Board authorization to practice as an APRN NRSG
- Valid prescriptive authority from both the MA DPH-DCP and Federal DEA
- American Heart Association – Basic & Advanced Life Support Certificates
- Maintains current ONS Chemotherapy provider card; OCN certification required within 1 year of employment.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web-based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Anna Jaques Hospital and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and across functional areas is necessary.
While this position will work onsite at Anna Jaques Hospital, employment will be with Associated Physicians of Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Inc. (APHMFP). Additional information on the Anna Jaques Cancer Center affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center can be downloaded here.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Please apply via the form below.
Both Anna Jacques Hospital and APHMFP are committed to creating a culture where employees are empowered, listened to, held accountable, and rewarded. Anna Jaques Hospital and APHMFP are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. APHMFP is committed to affirmative action.